Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Olfactory Memories

As usual, I was waiting at the 16th street station to ride to work. It was a cool and overcast morning. The smell of chorizo, eggs and potatoes was floating around us from the delicious 16th Street Grill. The combo of the coastal morning and the smells of homemade breakfast transported me right back to camping at Dillon's Beach with my parents. I loved those cold, damp mornings warming up by the campfire while Dad made chorizo with eggs and potatoes.

With all the olfactory distraction, I got on the wrong train; a Meadowview train that was running late. Luckily I was back on track after taking a detour at the Broadway station. I didn't mind, it gave me more time to be out in the 'coastal' morning.

2 comments:

Klynn said...

Getting on the wrong train is my biggest fear when riding the RT! My sense of direction sucks. :) I will have to remember to just look for the smell of camping at Dillon's Beach if I ever get off track.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ilsa
I have notice that you have two blogs, missilsa.blogspot.com and miss-ilsa.blogspot.com. Do you use them both? I'm starting my own blog, but it is impossible to find a good name,they are all taken!

Miss Ilsa